Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just Two Quick Seemingly Unrelated Points...

Someone needs to clue in Ann Coulter that while she indeed has the right to spread her brand of cultural pollutant, others have the right to reject it, and recommend that others do the same. That right does not disappear when one becomes a presidential candidate, or the wife of a presidential candidate.

Oh, I still wonder though: What's the point of even engaging this? The more coverage she gets, the more power she has.

Taking my own advice, I'll stop talking about her... See, that was easy!

Oh, and just as a sort of brief statement on my view of the much discussed fairness doctrine...

It's bad policy. Fundamentally bad. Illiberal, actually. I actually plan to discuss at length later, but I just wanted to share that.

3 comments:

Tully said...

I thought the Coulter/Edwards thing was an obvious setup, but pardon me if my pity meter doesn't budge for Coulter. She makes a living piggybacking venom on politicians, and has the nerve to whine when a politician piggybacks on HER? Color me amused. ;-)

Anonymous said...

The problem with all this is that Coulter didn't say what Elizabeth Edwards is saying she said. Which doesn't make Coulter right, or interesting, or helpful. But if you're truly interested in discrediting her, misstating her position is the wrong way to go.

The Edwards campaign is welcome to dupe their supporters, but trying to drum up national sympathy, or national revilement of Coulter, is a bit much.

Rafique said...

The way I see it, Coulter has an entire career of this kind of poison, so I'm not buying the victim game. Also, she did make another comment about Edwards' son that died, among other things. AS I said, this is her MO. Although, the Edwards' strategy could backfire, as she could manage to play the victim amongst her hardcore supporters, and sell more books.

The cure for Coulterism remains the same. IGNORE HER.