Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm Sure She Bought It Because She Thought It Was Hip,

but perhaps Cameron Diaz really should have thought things through just a bit more, because sometimes a fashion statement isn't just a fashion statement, you know?

Let me be clear and say that I don't think Diaz is a Maoist. Rather, I suspect she had no clue of the meaning of the imagery:

A prominent Peruvian human rights activist said the star of "There's Something About Mary" should have been a little more aware of local sensitivities when picking her accessories.

True dat.

UPDATE: I fixed the link.

1 comment:

Mike's America said...

Think of all the kiddos who think wearing a Che Guevara t shirt is cool. Do they even know that the guy caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people?

In Mao's case the number of deaths is in the tens of millions. But who cares as long as the bag Diaz is carrying is fashionable.

It's like wearing an "I Love Hitler" shirt while touring through Israel.

I wonder if Diaz has ever worn, let alone flown properly, an American flag?