Monday, June 25, 2007

On The Benoit Tragedy

Wow. I'm still at a loss for words. The wrestling world has lost one of the greatest of all time, in Chris Benoit. Chris, his wife Nancy ("Woman" from WCW and ECW), and his son Daniel were found dead this afternoon at their home in Atlanta. Still can't believe it. I was certainly shocked not to see him at the PPV last night, and I guess...wow, we lost another great one, folks. Chris Benoit will be missed (along with Woman), and my heart goes out to his family.

Tonight's Raw was scrapped, and a very moving three hour tribute to Benoit was done. It was really good. The McMahon "death" angle has been scrapped (Vince and crew handled tonight's show with as much class as anyone could). I wanted that angle over with, but not like this.

Again, Chris Benoit, RIP.

UPDATE: Apparently, their deaths are being ruled a double murder-suicide. Good Heavens, this is horrible.

UPDATE #2: It's been confirmed. Apparently, Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and himself late on Sunday. Good God, this just gets worse and worse. WWE has removed all tributes from TV and the website, and Vince has apologized for the tribute. Honestly, the WWE handled this the best they could. None of us knew the whole story at the time. Still don't know what to think.

UPDATE #3: I removed the picture, and adjusted the title, as you can see. I just doesn't feel right leaving it there, for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RIP CHRIS, i will always love you, you are and will forever be my favorite star